The South West Academy of Sport (SWAS) 2020 Clay Target Shooting program, proudly supported by the Victorian Clay Target Association (VCTA) and the Victorian Institute of Sport, provides coaching, training, competition support and education sessions designed to complement athlete’s daily and weekly training environment. The program aims to bring together the most talented junior players in the South West region.
The Clay Target Shooting program is structured to deliver 9 training sessions over the 11 month program period. These sessions are scheduled to best suit the athletes within the Squad and further compliment an athlete’s daily and weekly training environment as well as avoid Regional and State Teams events.
The 2020 Clay Target Shooting squad program will run from February to December
- Gary Hayden
Benefits to athletes selected in SWAS
- 9 training sessions with Gary Hayden
- 1 Guest Masterclass with Women’s Trap ISSF World Cup Gold Medallist Penny Smith.
- SWAS Shooting Vest.
- Support at identified Junior tournaments.
- Musculoskeletal Screening – with a qualified Physiotherapist to guide all future development.
- Year Long Weekly Strength & Conditioning Sessions – with a qualified Strength & Conditioning Coach* (*please note all our strength and conditioning coaches hold an Exercise Science Degree).
- Injury Prevention & Recovery, Support and Education – designed and delivered by industry experts.
- Sports Psychology Sessions – with a qualified Sports Psychologist.
- Skill Development Assistance – with qualified Coaches.
- 12 month Gym membership – for athlete’s free and personal use to support their athletic pursuits.
- Sports Science Testing & Education – including; speed, agility, stability, power, & further sport specific tests.
- Personal Development & Education – including; Leadership, Supportive Athletic Routine, Self-Awareness, Problem Solving, Effective Time Management.
- Professional Development & Education – including; Sports Nutrition, Physical Literacy, Effective Communication, Self-Marketing & Branding, Media Training· ‘
- Ongoing Access to SWAS’s Medical Support Network – as trusted and recommended by SWAS.
- Professional Certification Opportunities – i.e. First Aid Certificate, Online Education Platforms: Sport Relevant, etc.
Athlete Wellness Monitoring – supporting and monitoring athlete’s daily professional physical load and personal mental wellbeing in aid of daily health management and crisis aversion and identification.
SWAS Clay Target Shooting Program Selection Criteria
The SWAS 2020 Clay Target Shooting program caters for pre-elite male and female athletes in the U13, U15, U17, U19 and U21 age groups. The program services up to 16 athletes with final numbers dependent upon trial results and competency against the selection criteria.
- Be an existing member of an affiliated ACTA club in the South West, or the Victorian Clay Target Association directly.
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Have reached a satisfactory standard of play based on current player rankings and/or performance at local tournaments and regional events.