Football & Futsal Applications Now Open
Commencing in 2021 the new Football (Soccer) & Futsal Youth Development & High-Performance Program aims to support both football and Futsal players of all abilities with general to high-performance development and education. The program is designed to compliment and excel players transitioning into and pursuing Regional, State, National, Semi-Professional and Professional Pathways.
20 Sessions (Roughly Fortnightly)
- 5 Futsal Specific Practical Sessions (60 mins per session, Saturday, Start time TBC – Projected late morning to midday)
- 10 Football Specific Practical Sessions (90 mins per session, Saturday, Start time TBC – Projected late morning to midday)
- 5 Online Football Theoretical Sessions (60 mins per session – Age Relevant Friday, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Tem 1, 2, & 3
- Location of practical sessions dependent on the municipality of selected athletes
Additional football opportunities.
- Tournaments, camps, semi-professional – professional trainings and practice matches where permissible (Additional financial cost charged if attended only)
Eligible Selection Criteria
- Age Groups: U12 U14 U16 U18
- The applicant must be a resident of a municipality within the South West (Corangamite, Glenelg, Moyne, Southern Grampians, Warrnambool City)
- Successful trial attendance where applicable
Football & Futsal Program Specific Benefits – A minimum content standard inline with national and international curriculums adhered to all Technical, Tactical, Physical and Mental Aspects of Football.
- An advanced understanding of the 4 core skills, First Touch, Striking the Ball, Running With the Ball, & 1v1.
- Writing a plan for isolated training in the interest of improving Technical based weakness and strengths with long term career and development goals in mind.
- Learning how to set pre and post-game self-assessments with goals and targets for concluding training and matches.
- Learning how to self assess technical aspects via video recording for enhanced isolated opportunities
- How to resource and find appropriate training content in the interest of autonomy
- Playing and training within 1-4-3-3 and 1-3-2-3-1 systems within a development style that increases long term opportunities at higher levels and not for immediate competitive gain.
- Understanding international football languages such as positions both traditional and FIFA number based standards.
- Training within a system to increase and provide equal share in touches and time on the ball with development in mind.
- Content and training backed sessions provided and supported by UEFA Professional, A and B Licensed Coaches.
- Tactical boards and pre and both match training plans provided digitally to cater for learners of all ability
- Equipment set to strict standards to enhance learning opportunities and experiences to the highest standards permissible.
- In training Tactical Periodisation (No running laps at training, warm-ups exempt)
- SWAS All Athlete Support (See below) catered to Football & Futsal Program Athletes with football & Futsal specific needs (Power movements, on the turn, agility, core strength, speed, Repeat Sprint Ability, etc.)
- Multiple modality delivery of all sessions to cater for all learning abilities (verbal instruction, physical examples, tactical board usage with markers colour coded to suit)
- All sessions are developed with the consideration of athletes mental health considered within career retirement. A positive experience leads to a positive life.
- SWAS All Athlete Support (See below)
Additional off-field benefits:
- Connections with semi-professional and professional mentors within football & Futsal
- Weekly digital packages and resources catered to Technical and Tactical needs via our TeamApp Hub for athletes to utilise as needed.
SWAS All Athlete Support
- Musculoskeletal Screening – with a qualified Physiotherapist to guide all future development.
- Weekly Strength & Conditioning SessionS – with a qualified Strength & Conditioning Coach during your programs calendared year* (*please note all our strength and conditioning coaches hold an Exercise Science Degree).
- Injury Prevention & Recovery, Support and Education – designed and delivered by industry experts.
- Sports Psychology Sessions – with a qualified Sports Psychologist.
- Skill Development Assistance – with qualified Coaches.
- 12-month Gym membership – for athlete’s free and personal use to support their athletic pursuits.
- 12-month Fitbod Membership Valued at $91.99 – the worlds leading in pocket at the gym coach, bringing confidence and support to all our athletes.
- Sports Science Testing & Education – includes; speed, agility, stability, power, & further sport-specific tests.
- Personal Development & Education – includes; Leadership, Supportive Athletic Routine, Self-Awareness, Problem Solving, Effective Time Management
- Professional Development & Education – includes; Sports Nutrition, Physical Literacy, Effective Communication, Self-Marketing & Branding, Media Training.
- Ongoing Access to SWAS’s Medical Support Network – as trusted and recommended by SWAS.
- Professional Certification Opportunities – i.e. First Aid Certificate, Online Education Platforms: Sport Relevant, etc.
- Daily Wellness Content – supporting and monitoring athlete’s daily professional and personal mental wellbeing in aid of daily mental health management and crisis aversion and identification.
- 12-month BelievePerform Membership Valued at $200 – The world’s leading source of performance psychology, well-being and mental health content for the sports community.
Your Program Coach
A proven talent for holistic youth development with a sound understanding and application of the FFA national curriculum. Experience as a head coach and technical director leading several regional representative and academy football programs spanning the better part of a decade ranging from U10 to U18 age brackets. Factual and statistic analytical support and heavily resourced and researched individual who actively supports personal coaching development with a holistic growth mindset. Active member and affiliate of numerous coaching groups, boards, committees, and resources that actively engage with several leading and experienced professionals. A student of football who actively pursues their professional development ensuring the professional and personal development of youth players with a strategic, disciplined and fair approach who supports such with intelligent and articulate equipment and resources to support, aid and engage player development, experience and growth to achieve success.
- Harmonizing Culture
- Disciplined Structures
- Intelligent Communication
- Contextualizing Players
- Technical Development
- Tactical Periodization
- Player Engagement
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Analysis
Emmanuel College – Warrnambool
Head Coach Year 9 & 10 Soccer Academy
July 2019 – Present
PRO IITHIAS FE – Warrnambool
Technical Director, Head Coach, Administrator, Owner & Operator
May 2017 – Present
January 2019 – July 2019 Coaching Hiatus
SWVFA (Formerly South West Victorian Football) – South West Region – Colac Otway, Glenelg,
Southern Grampians, Moyne, Warrnambool City, Corangamite
Technical Director, Head Coach, Administrator
February 2012 – 2018
Community Club Participation
Warrnambool and District Soccer League
Committee Member and Coach
2012 – 2014
Warrnambool Rangers FC
Ballarat and District Soccer Association
Head Coach (U17)
- Barca Innovation Hub – Univeristas, Certificate, Sports Psychology for Athletes Development
- Working with Children Check, E, 118849A-01, 27/11/2022
- FFA/AFC C License, Football Federation Australia, 2017 EXPIRED
- Player Development Project – Member
- SoccerHub – Member
- Soccer Tutor – Affiliate and Member
- FFV Club HQ – Member
- FFV Coach HQ – Member
- Differential Learning System Certificate (Level 1)
- Strength and Conditioning: APEAR Model Certification
- Coaches Voice – Member
- Constraints-led Model of training Soccer
- Retention rate exceeding 89% 2017 – 2018
- Growth rate exceeding 210% 2017 – 2018
- Excess of 600 players coached within Futsal and Football programs
- Attendance of a record participation of 6 tournaments including 3 state tournaments for SAP age
bracket with no goal difference greater than 2 in any game including against several notable NPL SAP
sides based purely on development styles insisting equal time for all players
- A total of over 20 state tournaments attended as Technical Director & Head Coach
- A conversion of 36 NPL players
- 2 National Player Selections
- 3 State Player Selections
- More than 12 NPL clubs engaged within those more than 30 players
- 4 players engaged in international tours after achieving selection