The SWAS Golf Program has the specific objective of identifying talented junior golfers and providing them with a level of coaching and athlete education that will assist them in taking the next step in the sport of Golf. The program is designed to expose golfers to skills testing and training, new challenges and opportunities, and to complement any lessons/training they are receiving or have received.
Squad members will also receive a range of athlete education program including sports nutrition, sports physiology, sports psychology, media training and drugs awareness.
Applications are now open with the program expected to run August 2017 – July 2018.
To be eligible for selection, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current registered member of a Victorian Golf Club in the South West region.
- Reside in the South west region within the defined Local Government boundaries; Moyne, Corangamite, Glenelg, Southern Grampians, Warrnambool.
- Aged between 12 and 17 years of age in the year of the program.
- Representing at school or club level as a minimum. Preferably at a district level.
- Must have a willingness to undertake a structured development program and abide by SWAS policies.
Download the 2017 SWAS Golf Program and Application Form or contact SWAS with any questions
Ph 0417 212 138