The 2017 South West Academy of Sport Awards will take place on Sunday 26 November. The Awards are to recognise the outstanding achievements and effort of the South West Academy of Sport Athletes. South West Academy of Sport recognised the outstanding achievements by their athletes at their annual awards night. The athletes will be treated to a very inspiring talk by Vixens netballer Tegan Philip about the sacrifices and choices you have do as a high performing athlete to reach your goals. Tegan will also presented some of the awards together with local VIP’s. The awards winners for the year are nominated by their coaches and trainers and the winners decided by a selection panel. The winners represented all the different shires in the Academy.
The 2017 South West Academy of Sport Award categories are:
- 2017 SWAS Spirit and Determination Award
- 2017 SWAS Education Award
- 2017 SWAS Community and Leadership Award
- 2017 SWAS Performance Excellence Award
- 2017 SWAS Overall Excellence Award
- 2017 Warrnambool & Moyne Strength & Conditioning Award
- 2017 Southern Grampians Strength & Conditioning Award
- 2017 Corangamite Strength & Conditioning Award
- 2017 Glenelg Strength & Conditioning Award
Date: Sunday November 26th
Venue: Food Lab, South West TAFE, Warrnambool Campus, D Building, Room WD1.37. (Enter via Kepler Street)
We look forward to celebrating the great achievements of 2017 with you.