The South West Academy of Sport (SWAS) 2017 Tennis program, proudly supported by Tennis Victoria and the Victorian Institute of Sport, provides coaching, training and education sessions designed to complement athlete’s daily and weekly training environment with their local private coach – through the provision of both on and off court activities. The program aims to bring together the most talented junior players in the South West region.
The 2018 SWAS Tennis Program Trials are being held on Sunday 3rd December 2017 at 4:00pm at the Warrnambool Lawn Tennis Club.
Benefits to athletes selected in SWAS:
- Intensive training by quality coaches
- Skill development
- Development camps (Each camp combines on-court activities with sport science and personal development activities off the court).
- Strength and conditioning programs, support and advice (including functional movement screening)
- Access to myAISbasecamp an Australian Institute of Sport athlete development and support program
- Sports science testing and education
- SWAS uniform
- Personal Development workshops such as Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Media training, Recovery
- Access to a medical support network.
- Tennis Victoria tournament support at identified Junior Tour tournaments from the regional state coach & Tennis Victoria’s Association/Regional Challenge.
- Melbourne Park Inter-Academy Challenge involving on-court coaching, competition and other activities with all other Victorian Regional Academies.
The 2018 Tennis squad program will run from February 2018 to January 2019. Please note that if you are successful our Induction Day is on Sunday, 18 February 2018 and is a mandatory commitment with musculoskeletal and physical testing, SWAS induction, myAISbasecamp information, uniform distribution and sports psychology for parents and athletes.
Athlete Application and Information:
Further information about the 2018 South West Academy of Sport Program is available on SWAS website www.swas.org.au or please contact SWAS Administration and Athlete Liaison Emma Bellman on 5564 8567 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org