Position Available – Communication Officer
SWAS is searching for a talented and professional Communication Officer to assist with and expand our athlete’s events, media and community programs. You will represent the South West Academy of Sport (SWAS) and assist the CEO and board with SWAS initiatives that increase the Academy’s profile and visibility within the surrounding community.
You need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Represent SWAS positively with the local community and to young people, promoting the pathways and services offered
- Assist in the organisation and communication of relevant SWAS events including athlete education sessions, training activities, community events and promotions
- Communicate and liaise with athletes and coaches on regular community engagement opportunities and media opportunities
- Assist with the implementation and evaluation of a Community Engagement Strategy
- Together with the CEO, assist in maintaining the SWAS website and utilising social media to develop opportunities for youth engagement and service promotion
- Participate in the planning and development of athlete education series
- Maintain a calendar of athlete education and engagement services, including community events, workshops, presentations and other engagement opportunities
- Assist in the development and design of events for target groups to increase the profile of SWAS and deliver key messages and values
- Assist in the promotion and development of athletes
Workstyle, attributes, and attitudes
- Adaptable and willing to embrace innovation and change
- Works positively, effectively and sensitively with a wide range of people
- Models SWAS’s values and behaviours
- Works to deadlines
- An open and transparent communicator
Level of Responsibility
The position is classed as Grade 4 under the Sporting Organisations Award 2010, *negotiable depending on the skills and knowledge of the applicant.
This position is Part-Time – 15hrs per week + super & leave entitlements
Applicants are asked to address the selection criteria (two pages maximum) in the attached position description and forward their CV to SWAS CEO Nic Kaiser email@example.com by Monday 16 September.