South West Academy of Sport is the only Victorian Regional Academy of Sport to be directly partnered with the Australian Institute of Sport through the myAISbasecamp program.
myAISbasecamp is an online program that provides fun and challenging physical sessions in the areas of Ball Skills, Postural Strength, Running Technique and Strength Training Technique as well as educational courses on psychology, nutrition, recovery, physical preparation, personal excellence and video analysis.
The content featured within myAISbasecamp is directly informed by contemporary evidence and best-practice specific to maximising athlete development. The content has been developed by our own knowledge experts at the Australian Institute of Sport who as highly experienced practitioners have worked alongside some of the best athletes in the world. Each module, in turn, has been reviewed and consolidated by leading industry experts.
What is myAISbasecamp?
- An online program aimed at preparing pre-elite athletes for high-performance sport
- Provides fun and challenging physical & educational session in five (5) key areas of athlete development
- Strength and Training Technique
- Postural Strength
- Ball Skills
- Running Technique
- Athlete Lifestyle and skills (Nutrition, Psychology, Self-regulation, Physical Preparation, Personal Excellence, Recovery & Video Analysis)
- Uses a holistic and evidence-based approach to athlete development
- Facilitates an engaging community environment where users can share their own evidence and knowledge relative to the content, and learn from each other.