The South West Academy of Sport (SWAS) is seeking suitable applicants for the position of SWAS Netball Program HEAD Coach:
- A covering letter and Coaching resume sent to SWAS by Tuesday 12 November.
- Must hold a current Netball Victoria membership.
- Must hold a current Working with Children Check that is linked to Netball Victoria
- 3 – 5 years min experience coaching youth representative or A grade Netball
- Hold an Intermediate Coaching Accreditation
- May be required to undergo screening in accordance with the Netball Victoria Member Protection Regulation prior to appointment.
- Candidates may need to make themselves available for phone and/or face to face interview
Appointed staff will need to be available throughout the South West Academy program, from February 2020 to early October 2020 for the following training sessions:
As Netball Program Head Coach you are responsible for running the SWAS Netball program. This includes planning, develop and structure an appropriate training program across the 8 training sessions. Work with the SWAS CEO to plan Netball specific events and athlete education opportunities that support and enhance the program.
Assist in the professional development of the Assistant coaches and act as a role model to the athletes. It is also expected that you will engage with coaches, volunteers & personnel to assist in maintaining the program philosophies of the Academy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and deliver all 8 training sessions
- Attend all SWAS events associated with the SWAS Netball Program
- Help to develop the assistant coaches
- Motivate & encourage athletes to take advantage of all academy opportunities
- Collaboratively work with the SWAS and Netball Victoria staff where appropriate
- Promote a positive and safe culture of inclusion at all SWAS Netball Program sessions
- Responsible to the SWAS CEO
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
The successful applicant will be required to have/obtain a Working with Children Check, hold an Intermediate Coaching Accreditation, hold a current Netball Victoria Membership, have a drivers licence and their own reliable mobile phone.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a paid coaching position, Coach Remuneration will be discussed with the suitable candidate.
Position description – SWAS 2020 Netball Program Head Coach